Another winner! Even the kids ate it! I will warn you though, it can be on the spicy side, so adjust Cayenne accordingly! This is Paleo, Vegan and packed full of nutrients!
1 Zucchini Spiralized or Julienned
1 Carrot Spiralized or Julienned
1/4 Cup Raw Tahini
1/2 Cup Orange Juice
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
5 or 6 Fresh Basil Leaves
Small Handful of Corinader Leaves
1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbs Poppy Seeds
1 Tbs Hemp Seeds Hulled
1/4 Avocado Sliced & Roughly Mashed
1. Sprinkle the zucchini and carrot with some sea salt and leave it in a colander- the salt will draw out excess moisture and make the noodles tender and able to absorb new flavours
2. Leave for 10 to 15 minutes
3. In a blender, blend the tahini, orange and lemon juice, basil and coriander leaves
4. Add cayenne pepper and pulse again- adjust for taste – orange to sweeten, cayenne to spice.
5. Rinse the noodles very well, and squeeze out excess moisture with your hands
6.Gently toss the noodles though the sauce- you want to just coat the noodles-
7. Sprinkle with the hemp and poppy seeds, and top with avocado
Note: Above is the original recipe. I modified it by cooking the noodles. I heat oven to 200 degrees and place the noodles on paper towels to absorb the water. Cook for about 15-20 minutes. I find this helps keep the dish from being too watery. Plus, I like warm “pasta”!